My name is Qingfeng Lan, a PhD student at the University of Alberta, Canada. I’m interested in designing simple and efficient algorithms supported by sound theories and verified by rigorous experiments. In particular, my research focuses on reinforcement learning and representation learning. Please see my CV for more information.
I’d like to chat to people with different research/social/cultural/educational backgrounds, as windows to see the unknown world. Feel free to contact me if you want to share anything (ideas, experiences, etc.) with me.
- Email: qlan3 [AT] ualberta.ca
- WeChat (微信): Lancelqf
- Twitter: lancelan3
Qingfeng Lan, Luke Kumar, Martha White, Alona Fyshe. Predictive Representation Learning for Language Modeling. arXiv preprint arXiv:2105.14214, 2021. [paper]
Zichen Zhang, Qingfeng Lan, Lei Ding, Yue Wang, Negar Hassanpour, Russell Greiner. Reducing Selection Bias in Counterfactual Reasoning for Individual Treatment Effects Estimation. NeurIPS Workshop on Causal Machine Learning, 2019. (Poster Spotlight) [paper]
Zhou Yang, Qingfeng Lan, Jiafeng Guo, Yixing Fan, Xiaofei Zhu, Yanyan Lan and Yue Wang, Xueqi Cheng: A Deep Top-K Relevance Matching Model for Ad-hoc Retrieval. CCIR, 2018. (Best Paper Award Candidate). [paper] [code]
- Explorer: a reinforcement learning frame based on Pytorch for exploring new research ideas.
- Gym Games: a gym compatible version of various games for reinforcement learning.
- Quantum Explorer: a quantum reinforcement learning framework for exploring new ideas, based on PyTorch and PennyLane.
University of Alberta, Sep 2020-Present
- Doctor of Philosophy in Computing Science
- Supervisor: A. Rupam Mahmood
University of Alberta, Sep 2018-Aug 2020
- Master of Science (Thesis-based) in Computing Science
- Supervisor: Alona Fyshe
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Sep 2014-July 2018
St Edmund Hall, University of Oxford, Oct 2017-Mar 2018
- Visiting Student in Department of Computer Science
- Tutor: Leslie Ann Goldberg